Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Devotin' full time to Floatin'

"Darling it's better down where it's wetter, take it from me"
Who knew a small red crustacean could give such good advice. Under the sea, is where I spent day two of my family Bajan holiday away from rainy Vancouver and will spend tomorrow as well. It was my third time scuba diving, and to my excitement, it's everything I remembered and better. Even more motivation to get my PADI done so I can dive on my own. 
We've been going to West Side Scuba Center, run by an older European couple who escaped the cold winters to spend a life under the sea. They run an awesome business with the best instructors who make you feel very comfortable diving, and make the whole expedition a blast. 
We've done a reef and 5 ship wrecks now, venturing about 50ft deep. The sea life and diversity is like candy for your eyes. The brightest colours of coral and fish, eels and shells. There's never enough time to see it all. Which is why I'm so excited to get back down tomorrow.
This year in Barbados, the weather is noticeably cooler and it rains a lot more than I was used to. But under the ocean, while the biggest tropical storm I'd seen here was happening, we had a peaceful, clear and relaxing dive. Rather upsetting to surface with pouring rain, cold wind and lightening. Adding to the number of reasons of why I love diving; it's the perfect rainy day activity!
I encourage anyone who has the opportunity to get informed and try a Discover Scuba Diving Course and be a part of a world you've never dreamed of. If only Ariel knew how good she had it, I'd trade these, what do you call them...feet, for fins any day!

2 comments:

  1. Jealous! Glad you're having fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waht the F are ya doing up at 4:23 in the A.m. Still on B.Ctime. I miss you so

    ReplyDelete