Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cold Climate

It's been a week and a half now that I've been back in Timmins and so far so good. I've gotten a job landscaping and am keeping busy with preparations for the trip. The only thing I didn't expect is the weather; this morning it's -3 degrees with frost. My original plan was to head to Oz early and avoid any frost at all but living in the north prior to departure proves that task impossible. I hear it's beautiful in Toronto but I wouldn't know since I avoid any television program that shoots on Queens St. W. It brings tears to the eyes.
However, it's all for the sake of the bigger picture...so I guess this would be a good time to reveal some details about that bigger picture. In 5.5 weeks I, along with a friend of mine will be flying out to Los Angeles and staying for 4 days. We're lucky enough to have a good friend of ours come out with us and show us around. From there we'll be flying to Fiji and staying there for 3 days at the Coral View Resort. Then it's off to the final destination. We fly to Brisbane. When I originally found the flight I was going to book, I had layovers in both LA and Fiji and my wonderful travel agent convinced me to stay a few days in both locations.
I have to say I'm pretty excited about both stopovers. LA is somewhere I've always wanted to go, perhaps live, but I have no idea what I want to do there...Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Hollywood of course...I need ideas. And Fiji, although a short trip, will be amazing. We're staying on one of the northern most islands, which I'm told, the father from the mainland, the better and more authentic it will be.
Here's a link to the resort I'll be staying at. http://www.fiji.pacific-resorts.com/coral-view-resort/index.html ..so far it looks good, but I'm sure it also one of those 'better if you were there' places. I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment