Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Goals

I know what you're thinking, new years resolution post...like she's going to stick with that. I am skeptical too. However, I drew such inspiration from a fellow blogger about making goals that I have to do it myself too. I figure that if I write it down here then in one year, I won't be trying to remember what I said my resolution was.
This year given my circumstances, my goals are not as they usually would be, and although I already have a million goals set out for this trip, a girl could always use a few more.

1. Learn to surf
I'm taking a trip at the end of the month to the Sunshine Coast to get my first surfing lesson. It's a start and I want to continue with it for the rest of the year until I can say "Yes, I can surf.

2. Ski New Zealand
This is one of my ultimate goals of the trip, but I feel like it needs to be here because it is a big obstacle. I am planning to be in NZ in July/August, am saving money at the moment to do this.

3. Bungee Jump ( or some other extreme sport)
Queenstown NZ is known for extreme sports and I have be dying to do take the leap.

4. Get in shape
Obviously this has to be in here. I've been out of shape for a year and a half now and time isn't slowing down. Plus, if I'm going to be doing all these sports, I need some endurance for it.

5. Blog
I already do this, and I love it so much, but I need to do it more often because I never say as much as I want.

6. Keep in touch more often
I rely too much on Facebook and this blog assuming everyone reads it, but forget everyone who doesn't read this. So more letter writing and personal e-mails. At least once a month to the oversea'ers.

7. Take more pictures
I used to be a picture fanatic but now I never take pictures. Hopefully my new camera will help. I need to documet this year!

8. Travel alone
I know mom and dad won't like this too much, but I need to do it for myself. I need to depend on me and only me.

9. Shake the Someday Syndrome
I'm getting better at this due to a saying someone told me; Proper Preperation Prevents Poor Performance. It's drilled in my head and it seems to work. So no being lazy this year, and use everyday to be productive!

10. TBA
This has to be a good one, needs more thought.

I'll follow up with quarterly updates, can someone remind me if I forget! I hope you all have make a goal for yourself this year. I wish you all the best for a safe and happy year in 2009!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh you are more brave than me!! Bungee jumping?! Haha... I'd die of fright--but then again, heights are not my friend.

    I have always found that when I write down my goals it motivates me... as I almost feel like I'm being held accountable by all the people that read it, whether they care or not.

    BUT, that being said--I shall look forward to posts about your experiences surfing, skiing, and bungee jumping so I can be vicariously brave through you! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. More blog!! i keep checking, and no new entries!

    ReplyDelete