Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On the Road Again

Relax...ok, someone tell me to relax. I'm leaving...yeah I'm leaving, but not on a jet plane. In a Wicked Van...it's my dream and has been since that post you read months ago. Here it finally is. I love when things are so far away and then somehow end up on your doorstep awaiting you tomorrow. But today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday and it's all turned out fine. That's what my original van was supposed to say on the back. I was solely going to take it based on that saying, and because it has stars on the ceiling (read post back in December). But I didn't feel safe in it, so I have the one that says " Goddesses are just angels with big boobs"...which both my travel mate and I have, so good riddance.
Tomorrow begins the epic journey I have been looking forward to basically since I got to Australia. I'll be travelling for a bit shorter than a month and covering about a 1/4 of Australia. How cool is that! And just when I thought I would have absolutely no one to do it with, fate, and a cafe near work, brought me Juliane. She's a German girl, season world traveller, speaker of 3 languages, and needs to get out of Brisbane. She's keen on travelling but doesn't have a lot of dough, as per the greater population of backpackers. But she's awesome and I think we'll have a lot of fun.
I had dinner with my friends and roommates tonight just to say farewell. I'm excited to leave, but the feeling is bitter sweet. I'm so grateful for the many wonderful people into my life while here is Brisbane.
Now for some last minute packing...
See you on the Gold Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment