Friday, May 15, 2009

A Wicked World

So today IS the tomorrow I worried about yesterday, and guess what, everything turned out alright. I've begun my Wicked roadie with a German girl named Julie. We left Brisbane on Thurday morning and headed to Surfers Paradise to soak up some sun and enjoy the Gold Coast night life. After much convincing from the Wicked Pub Crawl crew we decided to stay an extra day in the area. We needed something to fill our time so we drove up to Lamington National Park. The drive up the mountian was absolutly beautiful and breathtaking. We did a tree top walk and a 2h hike to a magnificent waterfall. My pictures will never do it justice. We arrived back in Surfers to begin our night out...6 clubs, free drinks and some bowling was enough to give me a great big headache this morning, but not stop us from hitting the road again. We have just arrived in Byron Bay; hippie town NSW! We're going to go to the beach and then roam the streets and try to hook up with some more backpackers, but that won't be hard.
I'm so glad to be on the road and travelling. A month was the original allocated travelling time, but I think I'm going to extend it as long as I can!!

1 comment: