Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Eat Pray Love" this Book

Sometimes a book, a movie, or a radio show can pass through your day without a thought, but others can change the way you think forever. That was Eat Pray Love, for me. I began reading this novel at the start of my travels, but did not finish it. It was not until 6 months later, which was half way through my journey and my falling in love with a life of wandering, did this book have such an impact on me.

"An autobiographical account of Liz Gilbert, a 30-something recent divorcĂ©e travelling the world, this narrative takes the reader to Italy, India, and Indonesia; through heartache, healing and happiness. Relatable to almost every woman, it is a heroic account of Liz’s journey to find the balance of faith and pleasure in everyday life, loving yourself before anyone else and taking something from everyone you meet."

This particular book was so relevant to me not only because of my travels, but because of the ability to relate to the inner thoughts that I did not know others had, as well as finding that balance in life. One of the hardest parts of travelling is to be happy when you are perpetually lonely or the outcast; finding your ground while up in the air, and staying true to your own beliefs.

After reading Eat Pray Love, I had the incredible urge to see Indonesia; Bali to be exact. I was ever so fortunate to make it there and share in the same experiences that Liz did. I will not spoil too much of the book or my trip to Bali, but stay tuned for that in another post.

In the mean time, pick up Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert if you’re looking for inspiration, support, or just a great read!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book and I cannot wait for the movie! Wasn't it just so inspiring??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been meaning to read this book. sounds interesting.
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete