Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Ivory Tower

This year I set out with specific goals..not necessarily resolutions, but short term and long term life aspirations that I wanted to acheive. I've only been back 3 weeks from a hiatus in Barbados (there's a rhyme in there some where) and I'm right on track.
This is my career year; where I take 12 months to give it my all to develop myself as a successful woman. It's been my only focus, and things that I usually waste time worrying about have been on the back burners. I feel invigorated and powerful this week after landing a new job and have prospects for another. However, as a certain someone came up from that back burner, I found myself indulging in a thought of possibility. This is a guy I met a year ago who I feel stalkingly in lust with. We never had much going on between us, but as I scoured the internet for some updated information and where I can accidentally bump into him this weekend, I discovered that he has just moved back to Toronto. 
Goodbye career, hello misery. I can't believe how sad I instantly was. Was I hoping for an admission of utter adoration upon our this reunion I was planning? Do I think that I ever cross his mind at all anymore? Should I have tried harder and called more?
So here I am with a playlist of Adele and Damien Rice, stuck momentarily in my ivory tower, forgetting about my new found success all in the name of some dude. 
He certainly made an impression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment