Wednesday, January 23, 2013

On an Island in the Sun

It's not like I don't have internet where I am, I think I'd just rather be beaching it than writing on my blog! I've been taking full advantage of the FUNemplyment by going down to my mom and dad's place in Barbados W.I. This is the fifth time down here, and every year it feels more like home. 
This year I had planned to work over Christmas and pay my dues, then come in January. After I lost my job, I really had no reason to book a return flight home! I've been here for a while and I think I'm going to stay for a couple more weeks. I mean, who wants to give up sun, beaches, cheap beer and rum, nice skin...and a fridge full of food? 
I also really wanted to see what it was like to work from a remote location as I grow my business and a freelance graphic designer. 3 years ago when I first landed in Barbados, I was fresh off of the backpacking trail and hungry for more. I decided that I needed a way to combine my passions to be able to work on the road. Now at present day, and with the help of being laid off my full time job, I am realizing my goal and living it!
I've been managing my contracts down here in the Carib and let me tell you, the view from my office is great. The commute isn't going to kill me either! I also have the best clients who will put up with e-mail correspondence. 
I won't bore you with all the details of daily life down here, but we invented something called the FUNscall cliff, and here's a few images to inspire you!











No comments:

Post a Comment