Tuesday, November 27, 2012

New Horizons

After last nights excitement of landing a new contract, I got really motivated and inspired to take action on my life as a successful career woman...it's not going to be handed to me, and it's not going to happen overnight. When I look back at the last year, although slow going, I can see that all my actions have brought me to a place where I feel that I can branch off to become and entrepreneur and feel comfortable about it. Although the road was rocky and doubtful at a lot of times, I am here and I am beginning a new chapter. 

Someone that has really inspired me is a woman and self made millionaire, Marie Forleo. She has built an empire of fitness DVD's, choreography, publications and life coaching. The best thing is that she has some great advice that's easy to apply to a woman beginning her business that mainly resides on the internet. It's not just good business for me, but for every subsequent client that I have. 

One of those clients is my friend Joharra, a self starter in her own right as a talented and beautiful musician. I've been hired to create her online identity and presence and it's been a fun process. Having the confidence to approach her with my ideas and take control of the project is something that doesn't come naturally, it had to be worked on for a long time.

So just when I thought I had this all figured out, I get an e-mail responding to a job that I applied for last  week. It's a new startup for a fashion publication/e-commerce website. I feel like this could definitely be right up my alley, as long as it's not a 9-5er! Now that I've chosen my path, I want to be a freelance contractor, no bound to a desk Monday to Friday. Here's hoping they negotiate!

No comments:

Post a Comment