Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Limbo

Thoughts of the day:
Frequent and extensive transit systems are no good when you have no place to go
Cities are pointless to live in when you have no one to go out with
Phone plans are expensive when you have no one to call
Having a gym membership does not necessarily mean you'll get in shape
The concrete jungle is slowing taking its toll on me

I'm having a hard time trying to find my happiness here. I'm really not happy to just stay in by myself, it's rather lonely, however I'm not entirely happy to spend every weekend at the pub, drinking away all the money I'm supposed to be saving. And to be honest, unless you're with really good mates, or you completely inebriated, it's just a mundane evening 9 out of 10 times. This is highly conducive to my lack of self confidence I'm sure, but I could have just grown out of that partying phase.
My dream involves a coastal town, a part time job and second hand surf board. Why do I find it so complicated to make that happen. The whole point of being here was to rid myself of strings and responsibilities and do what I want.
I'm looking for answers but I'm stuck in limbo...and believe me; the rent is too high in Limbo.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of being confused and in your early 20's. Glad to see your still part of the club. Just do man, just do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear ya my love. strings are a brutal thing. i'm trying to rid myself of lots of them right now - selling off a LOT of my belongings before i get my own place. i've accumulated way too much stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the city, phone plan, gym membership thing?? i can TOTALLY relate to you on that.

    ReplyDelete