Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still searching

I'm having a mid trip crisis. Someone asked me how long I've been here and when I told them, 5 months, they coolly remarked that I was almost at my half year mark; half the trip was over. I was not very happy with this and didn't even put it together that I was almost at 6 months. So for the past week I'm been having major mood swings and questioning what I'm really doing. I've hardly done anything, and there's so much that I want to do. I don't think I'm going to have time for all of this.
Secondly, I feel quite alone here. I came here with Carley, and love it when we do trips together, but I worry that we're on two very different paths, and she'll not be ready when I am. Other than that, I really have no one to travel with. And I guess not just travel, but spend time with and lean on, and have a strong relationship with. I really miss my family back home, and all of my friends, and dearly wish that they could be here doing this with me.
I feel pretty hopeless at the moment, like nothing is moving forward, I'm just at a stand still. All I want to do is travel, but I haven't got enough money or someone to go with right now.
At least the weather is cooling down...

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry Laura. You'll get things done. 6 months is a long time. It's also a lot of time to do things. I will admit, I can not possibly imagine all the things that need to be done, but remember, it is possible. I find whenever I'm in a jam about doing things, I write them down on a list. Once there, I realize how much easier it is to figure out what needs to be done. I'm always on the other end of the Internet Laura. Love ya. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. pls come back. I'm sitting in a hospital waiting room and I need u :-(

    ReplyDelete