Monday, November 24, 2008

Working Girl

I started the job at the restaurant pub today. For the first half an hour or so I wanted to quit and crawl into a hole, but by the end of my short lunch shift,I didn't hate it. I've never really done restaurant work, and have done no bar work at all, so let's just say that this will be a huge learning curve for me. The hardest part seems to be learning the POS system and getting used to the Aussie bar terminology. For instance, a 15oz beer is called a pot of beer, and pints are rarely served. I have faith that my Canadian accent will help me along the way though.
The retail job is great. Since working at Quiksilver in T.O., not to brag but I'm an expert at selling stuff! So that job is easy as pie.
I've also been lucky to pick up 5, yep count em, 5 extra shifts this morning for both jobs. Looks like I won't be around much, but I will be earning a lot of money for that road trip I'm supposed to take! Ah, life is finally starting here!

No comments:

Post a Comment