Monday, February 2, 2009

UPDATE!



Again, it's been awhile, and a lot has been happening. After my week of becoming a pro surfer, I became wise in the way of Australian camping on Stradbroke island; a beautiful island off the coast of Brisbane. A heap of us went over to celebrate Australia day-for five days! Now I must make a confession, I've never really camped before. With the luxury of Lakair lodge and the island, there's just been no opportunity to pitch a tent and rough it. But that's exactly what we did, and it was awesome! A prime camping location right next to the beach was the perfect set up for cricket games, kite flying, beach walks, and surfing. Not to mention the barbecues, star gazing, and yes, copious amount of beer! After what felt like 3 weeks of vacation, we had to leave the island and head back to reality. While everyone else retired to their homes and jobs, I was venturing into a new home and preparing for a job hunt. I've left Rockhampton for good now, and have decided to settle in Brisbane for a couple months. My good friend Dan was kind enough to offer a room to me for a few weeks whilst his flatmate is overseas. It's been great living here and after the first day I even had a job interview. Now that was 4 days ago, and as things usually go with me, it's all been changed again! I've found a more permanent place to live in a suburb called...MILTON! I know, how great is that! And after trialling the job from hell and quitting, I found another job at a popular coffee shop right by my new house. Someone upstairs is working for my benefit!
So to recap, good travels, good friends-new and old, new job, and new place to live! I won't have accessible internet at my new abode, so not a lot of new posts, but I'm going to try my best!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you got a job... I worked in a coffee shop for 4 years and LOVED it. You'll have a good time, I hope.

    Keep me posted and send your new address so I can mail you!!!

    xoxoxox

    D

    ReplyDelete