Thursday, March 22, 2012

Caught in the Web of Design

As a recent graduate with a pretty certificate and all, I'm trying my hands at designing like a professional. Things have been going well, and there always real life lessons to learn. This weeks (and past year's to be honest) learning curve is WEBSITE DESIGN!
I fell in love with website design and blogging when I was 15 years old, even going to lengths of learning HTML. But technology has taken the train into the future while I continue to walk, and to say the least, I am a little behind.
I've tried to use WordPress, Joomla, Dreamweaver, VIRB, and now the newest site called Moonfruit.
All of these are very different than one another, but I have found that for a person with little development and coding knowledge, Moonfruit has worked the best.
Unfortunately it's not compatible with Hostpapa who my client has signed up with, which leaves me with my hands tied again. Do I try to recreate this website on my own and risk it looking bad and not being useable, hire a developer, or try to convince my client to switch over?
The comment box is open to all of my designer friends!

1 comment:

  1. What kind of client/site is it?

    I'm not a designer but as you know I actively work with both designers & developers... what part of moonfruit isn't compatible the hosting your client signed up for?

    I would lay out the options - assuming they know you are a designer & not a developer (which they should), tell them you're most comfortable working in Moonfruit. Then lay out the options: hiring a developer (send a quote - make sure you have someone reliable lined up in advance), changing her hosting, or you can take a shot in the dark but can't guarantee the results.

    ReplyDelete