Monday, March 26, 2012

Fake Boobs & False Intentions

I started working at a bar in downtown Vancouver about 6 weeks ago. I took it as a way to make some extra cash and pay off my credit card faster. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and even though everyone said it was a really competitive industry, I was excited to get a job relatively quickly. 
My first night on the job went off without a hitch and without training. I made some mad cheese (as in money) and was blissfully pleased. For the next three weekends, I had similar nights- my sales were high, my service; excellent, nonetheless; and my cash out always perfect. So why have I not worked in two weeks? Why are my bosses avoiding my calls? Boobs.




Vancouver's reputation lives up to itself when every bar and restaurant you walk into is host to an army of cookie cutter girls- big boobs, short skirt, long jacket...you get the idea. I even heard from a credible source that girls get hired based on the interviewer's response you whether she is "fuckable" or not.
I didn't apply to work at Hooter's, nor was I hired on the premise that I would dress or act in such a manner; but I guess I was a fool to think otherwise.
I quit.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to get a bar job too - I have 8 yrs experience as an assistant bar manager. No luck. I can't even manage a C cup. I guess that's why they weren't interested in any of my other *ahem* credentials. Not cool.

    ReplyDelete